Who Education Reimagined Is
Education Reimagined is a national non-profit committed to the creation of a just and inclusive world where every child is loved, honored, and supported. Our work is in transforming education in the United States from our current standardized, one-size-fits-all education system to one designed to unleash the unique potential of each child and enable the vibrant learning assets of communities and the world to be the playground for learning. We call this transformed future of education “learner-centered.”
Our mission is to make learner-centered education available to each and every child in the country, inclusive of race, background, and circumstance. Learner-centered education recognizes that each child is unique, capable, and deserving and creates the conditions for young people to discover and develop their gifts to thrive and contribute in a complex, fast-changing world.
Over the past seven years, we have built our reputation as a leader in the national learner-centered education movement and have grown a community of over 800 leaders—youth and adult—equipped with shared language, vision, and commitment to transformation, rather than reform. We have developed a unique national perspective, informed by those working in real communities with real kids, of where the movement is and what it will take to advance it to its next level of impact. It is on the basis of these deep relationships with practitioners and youth that we are now expanding our focus to systems-level work—engaging broader and broader coalitions of leaders to advance a new vision for education.
Over the next 3 years, Education Reimagined is setting out to:
- Build a recognizable coalition of learner-centered practitioners, youth, and organizational leaders to take a public stand for learner-centered transformation;
- Spread a vision of transformed ecosystems of learning such that people can see, feel, and imagine them in their own communities;
- Create and spread tools, resources, and spaces of collaboration to fuel the joyful invention of learner-centered ecosystems in diverse communities across the country; and
- Catalyze efforts to build the evidence base for and advance the quality of learner-centered practice and systems design.
Education Reimagined is playing a catalytic role in making this the moment we, as a nation, imagine, invent, and bring to life a learner-centered education system that by design truly supports every young person—diverse across every dimension—to learn, thrive, and contribute.
The Education Reimagined staff is a lean, agile team of entrepreneurial individuals. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is built on and prioritizes the cultivation of partnership and relationships with others to accelerate the success of the learner-centered movement. Team members must be independent workers who also highly value collaboration and the opportunity to work across functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Education Reimagined is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining and promoting a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, veteran status, marital status, disability (including mental disabilities, learning disabilities and history of disabilities), genetic information, record of arrest or conviction or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Current Career Opportunities
Program Associate Job Description
Are you excited about building a professional learning community committed to education truly working for every child? Are you eager to work on a fast-paced, dynamic team guided by this vision for education transformation? Are you adept at operationalizing human-centered events? If yes, we’d love to hear from you.
Education Reimagined is seeking a Program Associate to join our programming team. This person will be a pivotal part of our team dedicated to growing our national events through outreach and relationship building with leading-edge efforts in education. The Program Associate will engage with partners committed to education truly working for every child and coordinate logistics to ensure our virtual gatherings are done with integrity.
This person is adaptable, collaborative, and organized; able to operate effectively in a fast-changing environment; a self-starter who values strong communication to ensure cohesion across the team; able to zoom in and out to prioritize the big and specific details of competing priorities, while ensuring programs are delivered at high quality; and takes pride in playing a pivotal role in fostering a national community committed to transforming education. This person will engage in their work with flexibility, open-mindedness, sincerity, and a problem solving mindset, willing to jump in as needed to make things work.
The Program Associate will report to the Director of Practice & Field Advancement.
- Conduct research and outreach to learning environments, organizations, and people aligned to Education Reimagined’s vision for the future of education; learn about and explore synergies with these individuals; and build a pipeline of people and places interested in and ready to engage with Education Reimagined’s programming, communications, and other areas of work.
- Coordinate and run logistics for our growing number of virtual gatherings, trainings, and events, ensuring they are put on with high-quality. This will include relevant communications with participants before, during, and after events; running and managing day-of logistics; troubleshooting technical challenges both in preparation for events and in-the-moment, as needed; working with team members and program leaders to ensure they are clear on their roles and have what they need to play them; and developing an understanding of the complex needs of each gathering.
- Manage follow-up and feedback processes to ensure our gatherings are fulfilling on their outcomes and that we are building strong relationships with participants and partners.
- Support event registration and onboarding of participants for Education Reimagined’s hosted in-person and virtual events, in partnership with Operations.
- Coordinate and edit slides and materials for events, in collaboration with Communications.
- Produce and update reports about our events that can help us make informed decisions and ensure the diversity of participants and organizations represented across multiple measures, including participant roles, location, race, and learners served.
Preference will be given to candidates who are based in or can relocate to the Washington, DC area, although living in DC is not a requirement of the job.
- 2+ years of events coordinating, events planning, logistics, or program management. We also invite those with transferable skills that were developed in other sectors or experiences to apply.
- Experience with supporting virtual events, with a strong preference given to those who also have experience supporting in-person events.
- Excited by A Transformational Vision for Education in the US; experience or interest in education, youth development or out-of-school learning, or “alternative education” is a plus.
- Proven ability to identify areas for improved workability and to take initiative in creating solutions that work for them and the team.
- Creative, flexible, and adaptable to the demands of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and responsive environment.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated organizational skills, able to perform and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks and problem solve in fast-changing circumstances.
- Work well individually and with others and be able to positively receive and integrate feedback.
- Committed to high-quality work that’s done on time and with accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with coworkers, vendors, and outside partners.
- Comfortable using GSuite, Keynote, Pages, and Salesforce is a bonus; if no prior experience, must have willingness to learn.
Salary range is $55,000 – $65,000. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Education Reimagined’s compensation package also includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous paid time off; 17-19 paid holidays per year; a 401(k) plan; and a flexible work environment.
To apply, please submit the following to Lindsy Ogawa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the email subject.
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the position and where you heard about the position.
- Resume including relevant work experiences.
Learn More From Education Reimagined's Work