Who Education Reimagined Is
Education Reimagined is committed to the transformation of education in the US. We are guided by “A Transformational Vision for Education in the US.” This vision lays out a future in which learners are no longer asked to adapt to a standardized, one-size-fits-all education system; rather, they are recognized and valued as full human beings and supported to be confident, proud learners, leaders, and contributors to their families, communities, and society. We call this future of education “learner-centered.”
Education Reimagined’s mission is to make learner-centered education available to every child in the country, inclusive of race, background, and circumstance.
Right now, we believe our country stands at a unique moment where the conditions are ripe to invent and build a truly learner-centered system of education — one capable of equitably and powerfully serving our nation’s diverse youth and preparing them for the future they will inherit. We are dedicated to doing what it takes to catalyze that invention.
Over the last almost ten years, Education Reimagined has been finding, connecting, and building a powerful network of leaders with the shared vision, commitment, and drive to do it. These leaders have the ideas, solutions, and strategies; they need the funding and freedom to scale these solutions and build the infrastructure to make community-based, learner-centered ecosystems available to every child and family who want it.
Education Reimagined is now ready to step into a stronger leadership role to set the agenda for how we build our next education system and attract the resources, policy freedoms, and attention necessary to move learner-centered education from the fringe to being a mainstream option for children, families, educators, and communities.
Learn more at www.education-reimagined.org.
The Education Reimagined staff is a lean, agile team of entrepreneurial individuals. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is built on and prioritizes the cultivation of partnership and relationships with others to accelerate the success of the learner-centered movement. Team members must be independent workers who also highly value collaboration and the opportunity to work across functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Education Reimagined is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining and promoting a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, veteran status, marital status, disability (including mental disabilities, learning disabilities and history of disabilities), genetic information, record of arrest or conviction or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Current Career Opportunities
Program Associate, Catalyzing Invention
Program Associate, Catalyzing Invention
Education Reimagined is seeking a Program Associate to join our growing Catalyzing Invention team, dedicated to identifying, partnering with, and creating the conditions for leaders and communities to invent and bring to life community-based, equitable ecosystems that demonstrate the full vision of learner-centered education. This person will play a pivotal role in expanding the capacity of this team to conduct research, organize and prioritize outreach, and deliver on grant and stakeholder commitments.
We are seeking someone who is collaborative, detail-oriented, proactive, and organized — able to operate effectively in a fast-changing environment. To thrive on this team, the person will need to be a self-starter who values strong communication to ensure cohesion across the team; and someone who is able to zoom in and out to prioritize the big and specific details of competing priorities. This person will engage in their work with flexibility, open-mindedness, sincerity, and a problem solving mindset, willing to jump in as needed to make things work.
While this person will work and collaborate with the entire Education Reimagined staff, they will work particularly closely with the 2-3 members of the Catalyzing Invention team. The Program Associate will report to Bobbi Macdonald, Senior Partner for Ecosystem Growth & Advancement.
- Support the Catalyzing Invention team in managing their calendars and ensuring time to deliver on priorities, including, at times, scheduling calls and meetings.
- Conduct research and outreach to build a pipeline of people and places where learner-centered ecosystems are emerging and/or of interest.
- Conduct research on, analyze, and organize data into usable formats regarding tools, resources, and platforms that already exist in the field and could serve as infrastructural components to a learner-centered ecosystem (e.g. credentialing systems, advisory structures, internship inventories).
- Contribute to the identification, coordination, and execution of action steps that emerge from the Catalyzing Invention teams’ internal and external conversations and meetings, including participating in meetings, serving as note taker, generating meeting summaries, documenting next steps, executing relevant tasks, and tracking major deadlines.
- Document and partner with the communications and development team to share learnings, insights, and impacts of the Catalyzing Invention team’s work.
- Partner with the operations team to coordinate and plan for in-person and virtual hosted events, including coordinating participant invitations and attendance, ensuring smooth run-of-show and day-of logistics, responding to the complex and unique needs of each gathering, and executing on major next steps that emerge.
- 4+ years of professional experience with proven ability to manage and coordinate complex tasks and projects and to work on a collaborative, fast-paced team. Experience in K-12 education, early childhood, and / or youth development, a plus.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and organize information and data into clear, usable formats and outputs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with coworkers, vendors, and outside partners.
- Commitment to high-quality work that’s done on time and with accuracy.
- Work well individually and with others and be able to positively receive and integrate feedback.
- Creative, flexible, and adaptable to the demands of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and responsive environment.
- Comfortable using GSuite, Basecamp, and Salesforce is a bonus; if no prior experience, must have willingness to learn.
- Excited by A Transformational Vision for Education in the U.S and The Big Idea of learner-centered ecosystems.
Education Reimagined’s main office is located in Washington, DC. Current members of the Catalyzing Invention team work remotely and live in the Massachusetts / Rhode Island area. This role will require travel 1-2 times per month to communities across the country, as well as 3-4 annual trips to Education Reiamgined’s main office in Washington, DC.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, skills, and location; starting at $60,000. Education Reimagined’s compensation package also includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous paid time off; 17-19 paid holidays per year; a 401(k) plan; and a flexible work environment.
To apply, please submit the following to Bobbi Macdonald at email@example.com. Please include the position title in the email subject.
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the position, what makes you a strong candidate, and where you heard about the position.
- Resume including relevant work experiences.
Learn More From Education Reimagined's Work