It is hard to believe that 2015 is almost over. This year-end has us reflecting on where we’ve been and what we’ve done over the past twelve months. The Education Reimagined team has certainly been busy. Looking back on 2015, we see some major highlights:
- Released our Transformational Vision for the Future of Education in the US;
- Hosted Pioneer Basecamp, a gathering of over 100 fabulous pioneers;
- Unveiled version 1.0 of our website;
- Keynoted at iNACOL’s Blended and Online Learning Symposium;
- Launched a successful social media strategy and our bi-weekly e-magazine publication, Pioneering;
- Made it in the New York Times and 12 other education publications; and
- Expanded our Education Reimagined team.
This has been a great year for Education Reimagined and Convergence.
But, this review also had us realize that the moments that meant the most were not necessarily the ones of major achievement. Instead, they were the moments that we spent engaging with and learning from all of you—the passionate, courageous, hopeful, curious, innovative, and industrious individuals working every day in all sorts of different ways to bring learner-centered education to life for kids across the country.
You are the pioneers behind a growing movement that is bigger than any single person, school, or district. We are inspired, encouraged, and invigorated to see the power of this burgeoning movement and by the dedication of all of its players. It is an honor to be part of it. Thank you.
Now, with this exciting year coming to a close, we turn our sights to the year to come.
And, amidst the growing lists of meetings to host, conferences to attend, and articles to write, we saw what 2016 means for us: Endless possibility. Aspiration. Transformation. Hope.
What do you see?
Warmest wishes, and happy holidays!