Today, we had our first planning meeting for our next SparkHouse event in November. Every time I get to interact with young learners, I become more present to the power and leadership they’re able to grow into at their learner-centered environments.
The learners from SparkHouse are sparking transformation all over the country. Here’s a quick taste of what’s happening in the community:
- Two days ago, the Shift Your Paradigm podcast launched its first two episodes. In each episode young learners kick-off an incredible conversation with their principal or superintendent on learner-centered leadership.
- As I write this, Jemar Lee, co-founder of EdRevision and learner at Iowa BIG and Trace Pickering, Associate Director of Education Reimagined, are hours away from an afternoon presentation at Education Elements’ Personalized Learning Summit. Check out Jemar’s story here.
- Later this month, SparkHouse learners Anya, Abby, and KJ from Mount Vernon Presbyterian School in Atlanta are publishing the first issue of their learner-centered magazine that features learner voices throughout.
- In June, we’ll be hosting our fourth Pioneer Lab Training where learners will join with superintendents, educators, and other learner-centered pioneers in common purpose to accelerate the movement together.
- In July, Angel, Halima and Tenaj from Camden Big Picture will be joining us to speak at the 2017 Big Bang conference in Saint Louis.
The energy the Education Reimagined team and I gain from seeing and participating in all of this activity is almost immeasurable. The ideas and actions of these young learners reminds us of the immense power this movement holds.
We only get the pleasure of working with these incredible young people because of the courage of pioneers to create learning environments that unlock and nurture learners’ endless potential.